Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting ready for ...winter road trip!



Friday night...or it might be Saturday morning when we head out on the road...again! About 2 months ago...I was on the road from my former home (California) to my current home (Washington). The trip started out well because of all the sight-seeing and the changes of weather. However, after a certain time on the road, I started to get restless. There were sleepless nights, crappy junk food, and the enclosed smell of a small car. By the end of this trip, I was angry, happy, emotional, and extremely tired.
With this in mind, I am excited about going to visit my future in-laws, but I am still very nervous about going on a road trip again. In addition, this time there are greater nerve-wreckers. Firstly, the weather...its winter, there is snow every where, ice on the road, heavy rain, and wind. That in itself has heighten my anxiety. To top it off, we have to top about 5-6 states! So much for quitting my nail-bitting addiction.
Nevertheless, I am trying to keep a positive attitude and enjoy my time with Josh on the road. I am excited to go back to the state I fell in love with and of course spend time with family for Christmas.

In all, I am praying to God to keep us safe and that we will get there well and safe. I know in the end, I can't do anything about past experiences but I can embrace the one ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment