Thursday, December 9, 2010

I made a really good cheesecake!

About two weeks ago, I decided to be "adventurous" and make this amazing cheesecake that caught my eye. I attempted to recreate the "caramel apple cheesecake" created by the wonderful and amazing Paula Deen. The first time I flipped the channel to the food network and saw Paula Deen, I set the remote on the table. She is an amazing cook, (not the kind my sister would follow lol) the expert in comfort food plus I have a love/hate relationship with her southern accent. I was soo inspired by the delicious-looking pie infront of me! I decided to make it.

Here are the ingredients:
  • 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
  • 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup caramel topping
  • 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Everything seemed pretty simple but the absolute best part of the cheesecake were the caramelized apples! The cheesecake itself is a simple regular cheesecake but before you put the batter on top of the graham cracker crust, you pour some of the apple filling on top of it and then the cheesecake batter over it. AND...to top it of....the topping is caramelized apples and chopped pecans!
MMM...and the end result....it was soo delicious! Josh loved it and I was very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment